does anybody know the casual pay rate for big w is?

rss
Posted by Tupperware-N-Toyz - Thursday, 09 Apr 2009 7:20 AM
Member since 2008
Hi,
Does anybody know what the casual hourly pay rate is for Big W? Its for Night fill/Refit Associate (NIGHT WORK)

Thank you
    Member since 2008
    #1 by princess-vintage Thursday, 09 Apr 2009 7:25 AM
    I would imagine it would be around $20, when i was casual @ Target during the day over 20 it was $18 ish an hour.
    Basically, Don't settle for anything less than $15.
    Member since 2008
    #2 by Tupperware-N-Toyz Thursday, 09 Apr 2009 7:27 AM
    Wouldnt you get paid more for night shift?
    Member since 2007
    #3 by creatables Thursday, 09 Apr 2009 7:33 AM
    No you don't get paid any more for nightwork,
    my hubby is a nightstacker for Woolworths and the pay is crap.
    and the company is even worse to work for.
    Member since 2006
    #4 by 8989 Thursday, 09 Apr 2009 9:18 AM
    my daughter is 19 and she was getting about 15.50 an hour she only got a few hours a week so she thinks pay is sheet and not worth it
    Member since 2008
    #5 by Tupperware-N-Toyz Thursday, 09 Apr 2009 9:23 AM

Thank you.

I will have to wait and see.

My hub got accepted for 2 different jobs, one last week and one today!!!!!!!!!! Yes I know we have over 5% unemployment, but hes been looking for over 4months, applying for ANYTHING, and now he got accepted for both and doesnt know what to do. And they are both CASUAL!

Thank you anyway.

serah

Member since 2007
    #6 by bitza4u Thursday, 09 Apr 2009 4:36 PM
    Have a look at the Big W agreement - this tells you all

http://www.sda.org.au/images/awards/award6.pdf

The thing with Big W is that if they have not made budget, they have not got the money to spend on wages, so you don't get called in.
    But, if your husband works hard and they like him, they will give extra hours - even leading to day hours.
    Member since 2008
    #7 by ButterflyKiss Thursday, 09 Apr 2009 4:38 PM
    You only get paid penalty rates after midnight & until 5am..before & after that it is day rates. I don't know of a Big W that fills after midnight....Only time I see them leaving after midnight is at christmas. The pay is crap outside of the penalty rate times I agree..The trick is to find a store that fills after midnight then the money gets good...A Sunday shift is also good money. As I am Woolies management my wage doesnt alter even though I work Sunday as per my contract but I must say I earn a mighty fine wage. No complaints here. I also agree with a comment above about working hard....I notice early on who is a hard worker & who isn't..Hard work is rewarded in my store but each store whether it be Big W, Woolies etc...is run differently.

Congratz to hubby & good luck
    Member since 2007
    #8 by AllysWonderland Thursday, 09 Apr 2009 5:14 PM
    My husband is a Big W Manager.. I'll ask him when he wakes up if you like?

**EDIT** sorry, just realized that the previous poster was also part of Big W management.. probably already told you what you want to know!
    Member since 2008
    #9 by ButterflyKiss Thursday, 09 Apr 2009 5:22 PM
    Noooo, Not Big W, I am Woolies Nightfill Manager.
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 messages