Has anyone bought a Wenatex mattress?

rss
Posted by dorisp - Monday, 06 Jul 2009 8:08 AM
Member since 2008

Hi all, I have posted this item in the family and health section, but thought I may get a few more responses from here.  I hope you all don't mind that.

I am in the process of repesenting someone who has not been at all happy with this product, and would like to know if there is anyone else out there who is also not happy.  Or in fact if they have attempted to claim a refund.

Thanks
Doris

Member since 2009
    #1 by dstjt Monday, 06 Jul 2009 8:14 AM
    Sorry have never heard of them
    Member since 2007
    #2 by Pashmina Monday, 06 Jul 2009 8:20 AM

Hi Doris...I went to a Wenetex seminar/dinner some months ago...and felt the products were overpriced and pretty ordinary

I prefer my King Sealy mattress....having said that, I had a few hiccups with my newish mattress....and Sealy have come out 3 times at their own expense to rectify the situation.  I did however pay for a 're-spec'....which basically got me new firmer foam..etc in the pillow top...its was approx $150 for that.  But the other problems Sealy fixed on their own bat

Cheers

Pash

Member since 2008
    #3 by dorisp Monday, 06 Jul 2009 8:28 AM
    Thanks Pash,

Yes the Wenatex mattress system is quite expensive, but there are people with health issues that would lay out big money if it couls bring them relief.

Unfortunately in this case the reverse has been the outcome, and as with some comanies it is difficult to rectify, but not impossible.

I have spent all day typing out documentation for some friends of mine.  I am off to bed now as I have acquired square eyes from the exercise. Will deal with it tomorrow.

Godd night all.
    Doris
    Member since 2007
    #4 by Pashmina Monday, 06 Jul 2009 8:32 AM
    Good luck with it all ...and hopefully others may see this post overnight and answer you better than I could
    Member since 2007
    #5 by shoppe219 Monday, 06 Jul 2009 9:25 PM
    Hello Doris, my husband bought a Wenatex mattress about 4 years ago, we weren't too happy at first because I could feel the bed slats thru it and I complained to the company and they said some people found that if they put a foam mattress under it then that would help.
    We did this and it has been great since. I find that if I have a really heavy workload and get a sore back which I do get then a lie down on the bed is just the best thing for it, I find that the mattress moulds to your body shape and supports you every where. I really love mine now and I can really tell the difference if I stay in a motel or sleep on a different mattress, from which I seem to wake up with a horrific backache.
    I can't wait to get home and lie down for a few hours and bingo, the backache has gone. I couldn't do without it now, and I find they are worth the money you pay for them.
    What is the problem your friend is having with the mattress?
    regards Merrilyn
    Member since 2008
    #6 by dorisp Monday, 06 Jul 2009 9:39 PM

Hi Merrilyn,

Thanks for the info. It is a bit of a long explanation with regard to this case.

The problems that this couple are experiencing are quite serious. Apart from the mattress being rock hard, even after the 1 month trial letting the body get used to the firmness etc. Two couples bought a mattress at a demo presentation night. Three of the four people have acquired hip, shoulder, and neck issues, that have ceased since they stopped laying on the mattress!!!

The 4th person is the worst, he told them he has 4 types of neuropathy disorder. So physically he is quite sore most of the time. The trouble also is he is very tall, and has unusually long legs and short upper torso.  He told the representative this at the demo, and was told that all would be fine, that the zones are placed to fit any shape of size body. The mattress has pressure zones to support shoulders, hips, knees.  His body parts don't line up with the zones, nearly killed him the first night of sleeping on it, and  although he kept trying, it totally throws his body out.
     So much for any size any shape!!
    They don't believe that even though he cannot use the mattress, that he deserves a refund !!!!!  They have been treating him really badly....as a joke almost....not good!

I just wanted to find out if there are other people who found they acquired pain to any parts of their body through using the mattress.

Doris

Member since 2006
    #7 by leni1234 Wednesday, 08 Jul 2009 5:19 AM
    we also went to a lunch in Newcastle   nice lunch   I was thinking its some herbal thing for sleeping  as the have a
    wonderful cream all herbal ITS fantastic it helped me so much .I answered a post about pain and I told people about the cream .I had a lot of people that did order the cream and the are over the moon. I am glad I was able to help then with my info. well we ordered 2 pillows but after sleeping on it we think we where feeling guilty because we got a good lunch so we canceled the order the next day and we had no problem. if anyone want the phone number for wenatex for the cream send me e/mail and I get back to you. you can also ask gypsycat I don't think she mind helping you with info. best wishes .leni
    Member since 2011
    #8 by asal2 Tuesday, 23 Aug 2011 11:43 PM
    I bought a wenatex for hubby and I and spotted some singles on ebay so bought them for the kids. what has me stumped is the larger bed is very firm, one single is similar the other single is like a cloud. i love it.

I asked wenatex can i change the bigger one to the softer but they insist all their mattresses are the same texture, no such thing as firm, medium or soft?. that certainly is not so from the ones i have

so think i will try the foam under the too firm one and see if it works

Member since 2012
    #9 by Sonof Thursday, 05 Apr 2012 9:24 PM
    Hi Doris, Sorry to hear about all your friends having problems directly caused from sleeping on an orthapedic matress. Having some knowledge of the body's skeletal, muscular, and joint functions along with the strains and loads imposed in our every day activities I can not believe that a scientifically designed bed that supports  the skeletal and muscular structures can be anything but positive.

You have not offered anything other than a broad statement that the orthapedic devices caused injury, that is ludicrous. An orthopedic bed will benefit any sleeper of any age regardless of the level of fitness or state of health. Doris I only add this to combat the uninformed statements that you have made. As a practitioner I would have to say that in regard to the body's maintenance and ongoing well being micro rather than macro  health regimes keep us in shape and resting on an ortopedic bed is the most cost effective way to take care of your body for eight hours of the day.

Sorry Doris it sounds like sour grapes to me, and if I had to guess, you are the wounded party not a fictional friend.
    .Regards Sonof.  
    Member since 2008
    #10 by dorisp Thursday, 05 Apr 2012 11:09 PM

Wow...I was quite surprised to receive a response from such an old thread.

Just in case anyone is thinking of placing further responses, there is no longer any need.

No, it was not me that had the issues with this brand of mattress, I have never purchased one in my life.

The friend that I was making the enquiries about, have since been refunded their money on the mattress, having concluded that the purchaser was not sufficiently informed on the health benefits for his particular health situation, saying they should have looked into it further on his behalf, as he asked many questions, before closing the sale.

So all worked out well for my friend and his family.
    Thanks
    Doris

Member since 2013
    #11 by ricca Wednesday, 10 Jul 2013 12:52 AM

Hi Doris

We are not impressed with the company at all. We purchased the whole system with claims that it would help with my  fibromyalgia pains, my husbands snoring, and that we  would not need other blankets to keep you warm enough In winter if you used their dooner MMM!!! IThey would not let us go home to think about it and were very pushy. What sold my husband was that it would help with his snoring. I tried contacting them by email and I got no joy, so I called them only to be fobed off. In the mean time I kept getting invited to presentations. So I told the reps that I was not happy especially after paying over 5.000 dollars only to be told to go and buy a foam overlay.In the meantime I happened to be at my elderly parents house when they got a call from a rep whom was  very persistant on them attending a free dinner, dad has dementia so after 20mins I took the over the call and I told her politely when she ask me to attend with them. she insisted I call the company. I tried the email stating my concerns about being mislead I mentioned I would take it further I stated the law act. I gave to them two weeks to respond to my email. They phoned my husband within two hours of receiving the email. they told my husband  that I should not of being fobbed off. They offered to replace the   replaced the mattressas they felt it may have been faulty mmm!!! foam faulty??? I quickly sent them an email to see whether they would be replacing the pillows as my husband has been sleeping on his pillow   for three years and I can tell you his is still snoring like a beauty.I am seriously thinking of taking the next step consumer protection.They did not respond to any of my eamails since their call and in fact all by emails have been blocked. I feel they have insulted our intelligence as well. So if their is anyone that would feels the same and would like to be heard please forward your emails of complaint to me and I will be more than happy to show them to consumer protection and competition watch dog. What concerns me is they are going to burn vulnerable people with health issues and ususally with little money and being convinced to take a no interest laoan to get one. T

hanks for taking the time to read this. R.J.Z.

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 messages