Buy it or Make Offer.

rss
Posted by JodesH - Thursday, 08 Mar 2012 1:27 AM
Member since 2012

Here is an idea. When listing your items and you choose the buy it or make an offer option. I think that it would be great if we had the settings available to be able to choose the option of automatically accepting an offer of a certain amount or declining it if it is under a certain amount. What does everyone else think?

Member since 2005
    #1 by chloecat Thursday, 08 Mar 2012 1:42 AM
     Hmm maybe - might work for some items/sellers, but for me I sometimes get a heap of offers from the same buyer - I guess they are all the same buyer as they come through together - in this case I might accept an offer a little lower than I would if it was only one item that an offer was being made on.

For example I have had a buyer who makes offers on 12 or more items at a time, so I accept offers a little lower from her because she is buying so much, or I might accept a lower offer on a single item if it has been listed for a while.

Member since 2007
    #2 by issabella10 Thursday, 08 Mar 2012 1:50 AM
     It's an old suggestion and one obviously still in the qs Suggestion box . Maybe they've lost the key 

But yes it would be handy , mind you when I had MAO on compared to selling via BN the offers were very few . Most people either just BN or bid I think.

Member since 2007
    #3 by Pashmina Thursday, 08 Mar 2012 2:31 AM
    Bella I get quite a few offers, most are very reasonable

I'm happy with the way the system is - but hey I'm always open to new suggestions
    Member since 2008
    #4 by koolkatzonline Thursday, 08 Mar 2012 2:50 AM

hi everyone
    most of my sales are offers, so I'll keep using it. also helps buyers to save money on the increasing postage costs by australia post

Penny

Member since 2012
    #5 by JodesH Thursday, 08 Mar 2012 2:59 AM
    Yes I have noticed that post has gone up on the 500 g prepaid. Now $7.20. But today when I posted something they only charged me $6.60. So either it hasn't gone up yet or they made a mistake. Either way I am happy with that.
    Member since 2007
    #6 by nara120 Thursday, 08 Mar 2012 6:05 AM

I don't mind the system we have now.  If I wanted to have an amount that would be the lowest I would accept, I'd put it as the bid amount (which I do now) and then also include a BIN price.

The AP increases for parcels & satchels doesn't come in until the 2nd April.

Member since 2006
    #7 by Feelin-Couture Thursday, 08 Mar 2012 7:00 AM
    That would be handy.  I get a lot of offers too.
    Member since 2012
    #8 by JodesH Thursday, 08 Mar 2012 7:21 AM
    Yes I think that it would be good. As it will automatically accept the offer on the sellers behalf. They have it on ebay and I have only just discovered it the other day when I was listing on there.
    Member since 2007
    #9 by AGK2000 Thursday, 08 Mar 2012 7:46 PM
    Like many good ideas,  this one has been implemented on the other lesser site.
    Bit slow here 

Member since 2012
    #10 by scoobie93 Monday, 19 Mar 2012 12:49 AM
     I think it's a great idea - when I was on the other site (eBay) I sold more that way when it was buy it now and then i would put the lowest price I would go too.

found it to be a great feature, but that's just me

Cheers
    Jane
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 messages