Face Cream from Aldi seen on A Current Affair

rss
Posted by bitsnbobs - Friday, 18 Mar 2011 4:39 AM
Member since 2005
Did anyone see the story on A Current Affair a couple of nights ago, about a survey conducted on anti ageing face creams, and the winner was a $9.95 cream from Aldi!

Well I scooted down there the very next morning and there were about 10 empty crates of what did contain the miracle serum , that i have passed when shopping in Aldi many many a time and thought for $9.95 it musn't be all that good. Well our Aldi store is all sold out bummer!

Now you can see on feebay, where they have all gone to! and they are selling for $25 - $30 a bottle, OMG !
    Member since 2005
    #1 by richbartim Friday, 18 Mar 2011 4:42 AM
    wow ...yeah I saw that on tv it has been on before too.
    I was at Alsi the day before the add come on V I knew it was going to be about that cream I was thinking of getting some but resided to wait until I get low on my old cream 1st. I'm trying to cut down on stuff like that. I have too many types.
    Member since 2007
    #2 by issabella10 Friday, 18 Mar 2011 4:48 AM
    Sounds like a good and successful advertising ploy ! Good on them

They say that most creams are much the same , I've purchased really expensive creams through Duty Free as that is the only way I'll ever afford any of them and frankly none of them stack up.

Yet the cheaper products do a great job, specially those with natural ingredients such as VitC
    Member since 2005
    #3 by bitsnbobs Friday, 18 Mar 2011 4:48 AM
    People have bought Aldi out it seems and put them on for auction , personally i wouldnt be bidding up to $30 for something that Aldi sells for $9.95 for their normal everyday price.  I would feel slack making people pay that too, but i guess its all in the name of business and profit, and whats in demand. I think i'll wait for my Aldi to get more stock in! I'm going to give it a go, for that price :-)
    Member since 2005
    #4 by spade Friday, 18 Mar 2011 5:08 AM
     I watched that segment and I thought the winner was Avon
    Member since 2005
    #5 by richbartim Friday, 18 Mar 2011 5:10 AM
    yep... best way. by the time I need to buy more there stocks will be back in.
    Member since 2006
    #6 by rubyrose Friday, 18 Mar 2011 5:19 AM
    I missed that segment on TV. What is the cream actually called.
    cheers
    Member since 2005
    #7 by bitsnbobs Friday, 18 Mar 2011 5:21 AM
    It was Aldi Lacura Anti Ageing Serum and its only $9.95 :-) (if you buy it at Aldi that is, watch out for people trying to auction them off as Aldi has sold out, but they are supposed to get more in this week)
    Member since 2006
    #8 by AWomansTouch Friday, 18 Mar 2011 5:28 AM
    spade that's the one I watched too and avon was the winner, I think that was today tonight but not 100% sure as I flick lol. AWT

Edit: Just look on tt and it was the avon moisturiser.

Member since 2006
    #9 by rubyrose Friday, 18 Mar 2011 5:32 AM
    Thanks for that.
    Ages ago I bought two jars of anti aging cream from the supermarket that were not expensive and even though I don't believe any of them work like they say they do, this one left my skin lovely and soft. When I went to buy some more I was told it was discontinued.
    I contacted the company at the address on the jar and they confirmed that it was discontinued and that the ones I bought were probably the last lot made. Might give this one a go. I have been using Avon which is nice.
    cheers
    Member since 2008
    #10 by yobbo1 Friday, 18 Mar 2011 5:57 AM
    Yeah guys...it's called Lacura and supposed to be the 'Bees Knees'in moisture cream.....well we will see....

Living in rural NSW and mega miles from big stores....I text my daughter in Toowoomba( she is coming for a visit this weekend with my two grandkids) and asked her to pop into her local Aldi store and fetch me five of the the miricale creams.

She messaged back that there was nothing left at store Aldo store no.1 and was at store no.2 fending off would be buyers of this stuff.....and wanting to know if I wanted the day or night cream or the all day moisture cream......and to be quick with my decision cause she was getting hassled by the most wrinkled faced women that she had even scene....all wanting what she had her little hands on and what she could tuck under her arm pits.......she also asked if I was sure this stuff was worth the hassle and I told her... that it must be if the scene at the store was as she described...........so hopefully I will get the five that I have asked for.......hoping that they do the job and work the miracles that they say....cause I really need it.......Lily
    Member since 2007
    #11 by Pashmina Friday, 18 Mar 2011 6:09 AM
    My daughter loves the Lacura moisturising tint cream.....I might need ot check this other cream out!!! 
    Member since 2007
    #12 by Humminbee Friday, 18 Mar 2011 7:14 AM
    I guess I with have to keep my wrinkles as in South Australia there aren't any Aldi stores at all and I miss Aldi just for bits and pieces. :( lol 
    Member since 2008
    #13 by Third-girl Friday, 18 Mar 2011 7:28 AM
    LOL at Lily's image of Mrs. Wrinkly accosting her daughter. 
    I do remember buying a generator at Aldi, and having to fend off old men to stay in my place in the queue.  I ended up palling up wiht a guy who didn't have a trolley.  He protected me and I supplied the means for him to get his generator to his car.  Worked well.
    Member since 2007
    #14 by mz-pink Friday, 18 Mar 2011 7:29 AM
    I am a beauty therapist and all I can say is that SUNSCREEN is your best defence face cream against anti-ageing...

There are sunscreens especially for the face with moisturising properties so you will be protected against harmful uva + uvb rays. Environmental factors of every day life such as wind, pollution, sun, heat all affect the skin that can bring on ageing skin.

There are fantastic products out there for you to look after your skin on your face and body...

I personally use Cancer Council Tinted Day Wear face sunscreen :)

Edit -  I forgot to mention that if you want youngert looking skin you need to cleanse, tone & moisturise morning & night  and exfoliate once a week.

Skin cells turnover  as follows

20 yrs of age - 28 days

30 yrs of age - 30 days

40 years of age - 40 days

so, as you can see the older you get the slower the cell turnover... there is no point putting on a cream if you don't cleanse.... tone  and exfoliate... your only putting it on the skin that is about to shed and clogging your pores
    Member since 2006
    #15 by auscharm Friday, 18 Mar 2011 7:30 AM
     Today tonight is was Avon.  Current Affair is was Aldi's Lacura.  I know my mum swears by the Lacura hand cream. I will have to check it out too.
    Member since 2007
    #16 by issabella10 Friday, 18 Mar 2011 9:08 AM
    I'm afraid I tossed my Cancer Council sunscreen in the bin. Applied it according to instructions and was only outside doing gardening for less then an hour and burned

Member since 2006
    #17 by Bijoux Friday, 18 Mar 2011 11:50 AM
    That's the day and night creams from Aldi ? I use them both and they are excellent  ..
    There was a story on them last year too,and I started using them then .

Aldi came out tops on all the creams they tested in that one.
    I always think if it's German it's good as I'm married to one lol  
    I did the same thing tho I went to the store  next day as I was shopping  anyway and they were gone  lol 
    They had loads on the shelves again the next week again though.    
    They also have an eye one too.. I have it, but haven't tried it..
    I had a peep over yonder and saw nothing at marked up prices,  so yobbo1 you're gonna look Bootifulllll !!!  lol  
    Cheers :)
    Member since 2009
    #18 by Creative-Crafts Friday, 18 Mar 2011 6:25 PM
     issabella10 we tried the Cancer Council spray sunscreen & found the same thing. When it finally wasn't spraying out anymore I took the top off & there was thick white goo all around the sides of bottle - the instructions should say shake before applying but don't. We now use the Banana Boat spray on 30+ sunscreen - works great, quick to apply & though a few more $, well worth it. :)
    Member since 2006
    #19 by farida3993 Friday, 18 Mar 2011 6:55 PM
    good morning all, as mentioned above the best way to care for your skin is to daily cleanse (a good quality mild soap like glycerine bars or similar), tone (witch hazel or rose water) - exfoliate once a week (make your own with sugar or salt or oats) - a weekly natural nourishing face masque is beneficial (banana, avocado, yogurt, etc.)  - it is also very important to drink plenty of water and have a balanced diet - there is no need to spend a fortune on moisturizers - the Aldi cream is good - so is  Nivea Cream, and a good sunscrean is best - A good idea is, say once a week, to apply on clean warm and moist skin a thin film of extra virgin olive oil, or almond oil, or sesame oil or grapeseed oil, leave it on for 15 min. then gently wipe it off and rinse with warm water. Regular home facials are helpful and making some of your own products is healthier, economical and great fun.

cheers!
    Member since 2006
    #20 by annieoakley2000 Friday, 18 Mar 2011 8:46 PM
    Everyone went nuts running to Aldi this time, like they did running to Target when the Stella McCartney range was released there.

Why isn't Quicksales advertised like that, so they all come running here instead - LOL !
Displaying 1 to 20 of 23 messages
Previous12