Can't afford a new computer??? On Centrelink payments???

rss
Posted by chrissy4107 - Monday, 13 Feb 2012 4:50 AM
Member since 2006
I know how hard it is for people on limited income to afford a new computer etc. I found this web site in Aust. and it is for people on
Centrelink payments etc. If you want to know the addy send me a msg and I will send it to you as I am not able to put it in here
as I may breach some rule in doing so. It may be worth a look for you in any case.
Just trying to help out people, I am not trying to do anything else.
cheers Chrissy
    Member since 2007
    #1 by bratsnthings Monday, 13 Feb 2012 5:32 AM
    Chrissy, thanks for that information. I know its hard for anyone to buy a computer these days. My laptop decided to die about a month ago, so the next best thing I did was ring radio rentals and applied for a brand new laptop which I got approved for. (Anyone on centrelink benefits can also apply too.) I pay $40.00 a fortnight, which comes out of my family tax benefit.

cheers Marie
    Member since 2005
    #2 by nefer_sold Monday, 13 Feb 2012 6:15 AM

Every Centrelink office in Australia has flyers on their announcement boards for preloved laptops/pc (fully reconditioned and with softwear loaded) for those that are on payments and need one for a small price.

Member since 2009
    #3 by HaveAchat2009 Monday, 13 Feb 2012 9:08 AM
    Wow, how good is that? Tax payers rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member since 2008
    #4 by repair-pro Monday, 13 Feb 2012 7:37 PM
     Interesting can anyone tell me about this, I do sell computers on here and like to do some research.
    Member since 2005
    #5 by richbartim Monday, 13 Feb 2012 9:05 PM
    Hi there. I just checked that web address here is one of the Q's and A's.
    .I receive Newstart or Youth Allowance, do I qualify?

Unfortunately those receiving Newstart or Youth Allowance are ineligible for our service at this stage. The reason for this is that these benefits not permanent, and therefore we are unable to set-up long term deductions from them. We are actively working to offer a similar rent-to-own process for Newstart, Youth Allowance and Austudy recipients in the future.

the address is.computersforall not putting full address in but you know what it would be ending in au.
    I haven't read all the info so I can't say if it is a good deal or not as so far I haven't needed to rent anything.

Member since 2005
    #6 by tmbjewels Monday, 13 Feb 2012 10:08 PM
    I'm happy for anyone to contact me about there situation. I've catered to situations where a customer pays in installments. Or they gave me there old computer and in return get a discount on there computer. Or even upgrade there towers and so on. Passing the savings onto the customer. I do like recycling :).

Sorry but I couldn't let this pass up... I'm Laughing.. Not at you but the spelling of their...It is a pet hate of mine....

Having said that, I think what you do is fantastic. Helping people out with comps when they are struggling is a great thing. I am deaf so my comp is my lifeline and there are a lot of people out there like me. How did we ever live without them..???

Keep up the great work.....
    Member since 2008
    #7 by repair-pro Monday, 13 Feb 2012 10:28 PM
     lol thanks for the spelling education and complements:). Funny thing, my family business is a smash repairer and i have my own little computer business. Both are important industries!lucky us..
    Member since 2006
    #8 by chrissy4107 Monday, 13 Feb 2012 10:34 PM
    Yeah good on you repair pro. Without people like you where would we be? Well I guess I would be in a Shop somewhere, sitting at the register waiting for customers to come in hahahahahahaha. But, here I am sitting at my lovely desk, and chatting to lovely people on quicksales, whilst waiting for customers hahahahaha.
    I'm one of the lucky ones, my son and my daughter upgraded their computers and I scored one of them. I am about to score and even better one soon from my daughter. Then I will donate this one to my favourite op shop.
    Have a great day all.
    cheers Chrissy
    Member since 2006
    #9 by rogespeed Tuesday, 06 Mar 2012 9:33 AM
    A vexing problem for large families
    Member since 2006
    #10 by rogespeed Friday, 09 Mar 2012 7:32 AM
    Hi , renting is a good option for many because ones gets a fast late release model using vocational standard application and operating system versions - along with the all important latest look fascia style - and if the computer develops a fatal fault the company will replace without cost
    i would suggest a private purchase of an external USB hard disk drive so as to backup all personal data in real-time - in the sad event of a un-bootable system fault - not unknown to happen
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 messages