How to tell how old a Cabbage Patch Doll is.....

rss
Posted by yobbo1 - Sunday, 18 Sep 2011 5:52 AM
Member since 2008
G'day....

I am not a doll expert....so would be happy with any advice on the age of Cabbage Patch Doll......

The doll that I have is in excellent conditon......has a signature on it's 'bottom'and is dressed in origional clothes.

Has blonde (yellow hair).....no shoes.....

Is very clean......

Any help would be appreciated.............................cheers...Lily
    Member since 2006
    #1 by goldswan-lake Sunday, 18 Sep 2011 6:19 AM
    The colour of the signature, indicates what year it was made.   What colour is it?
    Member since 2007
    #2 by marian-48 Sunday, 18 Sep 2011 6:30 AM
    Lily, do you have her Birth Certificate?
    Maybe if you could add a pic someone may recognise the CP.
    When these dolls came out there were also fakes of them.Marian
    Member since 2006
    #3 by goldswan-lake Sunday, 18 Sep 2011 6:52 AM
    There's lots of CPK info on the 'Bit's of Cabbage' website.
    Member since 2008
    #4 by yobbo1 Sunday, 18 Sep 2011 5:07 PM
    Many thanks for your replies.....Goldswan & Marian

The Signature is a faded Pink/Red...

I do not have a Birth Certificate for her........ She was in a 'job lot' box that I bid on in an auction at a clearance sale.

Will certainly check out the site info
    Cheers...Lily
    Member since 2008
    #5 by yobbo1 Sunday, 18 Sep 2011 5:24 PM
    Just thought I'd let you know that the site was full of great info......in case there is anyone else out there with a Cabbage Patch Doll and would like to know a bit.

My Cabbage Patch has the numbr 9 stamped on her head...just below the hair line (she has the baby faced dimples) and was sometimes referred to as 'Chimp-Face' and the colour of the signature is red ...so she was made in 1986.

What a great exercise that was....thank you girls ....Lily

Member since 2007
    #6 by marian-48 Sunday, 18 Sep 2011 6:18 PM
    Good you could sort it out. From memory, the ones my girls got had blue writing signature, Marian
    Member since 2005
    #7 by tmbjewels Sunday, 18 Sep 2011 8:03 PM
    Oh..Thank you for that info..I have a black premmie that my daughter won in a dress up competition ...It says that there is no number 7 but that is what I have and she has the black signiture and her original clothes and her certificate.. I have been trying to price her for years without much luck so this has been a huge help..Thanks heaps...
    Member since 2006
    #8 by goldswan-lake Monday, 19 Sep 2011 2:07 AM
    There is no number 7, at least in the Coleco head moulds.  Besides the head mould numbers that appear in the middle of the base of the back of the head, there can also be another number (usually in a sqare) to one side.  As far as I know that is an indicater of the factory where the kid was made.  I've been collecting CPKs for a long time now, and I can tell you that their value constantly changes, depending on the market.  (Trends and demand).  If you want to send me a pic of your cabbie, or post it in the forum here, I'd be happy to help you with any further info, if I can.
    Member since 2005
    #9 by tmbjewels Monday, 19 Sep 2011 8:31 PM
    hi Gold...I would appreciate any help you can give me , however, I don't know how to post a pic on here, so if you could email me your email addy, I could take some pics and send them to you as a attachment..Thank You
    Member since 2006
    #10 by goldswan-lake Tuesday, 20 Sep 2011 12:48 AM
    For posting pics on the forum, I load the photo to Photobucket, and then link to quicksales.
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 messages