The Ahhh Bra

rss
Posted by tmbjewels - Monday, 08 Aug 2011 3:20 AM
Member since 2005
Just wondering if anyone has purchased one of these bras or the gypsy bras and if so what are they like.. Do they REALLY have the support that they claim on the telly ?
    Member since 2006
    #1 by kiwiroo1212 Monday, 08 Aug 2011 3:28 AM

Hi there was talk about them not long hang on and i will get you the link....

http://www.quicksales.com.au/Community/topic.aspx?t=clothing&tid=436268

Kiwi
    -x-
    Member since 2007
    #2 by Tiny-Stitches Monday, 08 Aug 2011 3:29 AM
    Not personally, but from what I read in another forum, they are made to US sizing so are smaller.  If you're a medium, order a large...    If you're a large (or larger like me) then tough luck, they wont fit.

Apparently Target and the like havea similar thing but cheaper so might be an idea to try one of those first.  No doubt someone with experience in them will be along soon!
    Member since 2006
    #3 by stumpy007 Monday, 08 Aug 2011 5:35 AM
    Nope but I was looking into them earlier today, so I am interested in this thread too!
    Hopefyfully someone will pop in that has road tested them lol

O I didnt know that Target has similar. I might have to investigate!
    Member since 2009
    #4 by crazycraft Monday, 08 Aug 2011 6:30 AM
    I have bought them and would personally ask you not to waist your money. I sent mine back. I couldn't find them in Target or kmart at all.
    The arrr bra is american sizing too so be careful.
    Member since 2005
    #5 by nefer_sold Monday, 08 Aug 2011 7:20 AM

Have ben wearing the Ahh bras for over 12 months  Best bras I have ever worn - comfortable and supportive..

They are true to size DO NOT buy a size larger or smaller.

Member since 2005
    #6 by tmbjewels Monday, 08 Aug 2011 9:21 AM
    Thanks everyone...I am still unsure as to whether to buy one but I will look at my local Target to see if they have them...
    I am also concerned because you have to pull them on over your head and that could be a problem due to Arthritis in my shoulders...
    Keep the info coming girls....Oh.. and thanks too for the link..I did do a search before I posted but nothing came up except shelf singlet...
    Member since 2006
    #7 by chrissy4107 Monday, 08 Aug 2011 4:01 PM
    I have the genie bra which is apparently Australian as compared to the Ahh Bra which is American. I am wearing a size 20 top and ordered the L size and it fits me perfectly. I love it, I no longer have rashes from wearing a bra and the support is great. It felt a bit tight at first putting it on over my head but it just feels like I am wearing nothing when it is on. It washes just great also.
    I have been wearing this bra now for two weeks ( bought 3 of them) and threw out all my other bloody bras as I will never ever wear them again.
    I must try the step into it way of putting one on and see if this is as easy as over the head.

cheers Chrissy
    Member since 2005
    #8 by tmbjewels Monday, 08 Aug 2011 8:22 PM
    Thanks Crissy,,,I guess the only way to find out if it is suitable for me is to go to Target and buy one...
    I think that by reading all the different pros and cons, it is a purely individual outcome.. Some like it and some hate it...Just a pity it dosn't come with a front closure, to make it easier to get on and off for older women....Ahhhh, maybe one day.....
    Member since 2007
    #9 by quickbuys Monday, 08 Aug 2011 8:25 PM
    i have bought a similar one from target some time ago. they do flatten your bust. imho
    Member since 2005
    #10 by richbartim Monday, 08 Aug 2011 8:25 PM
    After reading the other thread about these bras I checked out the stores but I couldn't find them.
    Member since 2007
    #11 by slipperfairy Monday, 08 Aug 2011 10:27 PM
    I don't know what the aaah bra is but Best and Less have one called a Comfort Bra which is a pull on type and excellent.
    Member since 2007
    #12 by Neelie51 Tuesday, 09 Aug 2011 1:11 AM
    Hi, I tried some from Kmart.... went back and got more. I'm a 16 top & I love 'em. With angina they don't  squeeze me around the chest..Plus I hate underwires with a passion! lol
    Member since 2006
    #13 by Feelin-Couture Wednesday, 10 Aug 2011 3:59 AM
    They look as if they give the boobs a funny shape on tv how are they with clothes over?
    Member since 2010
    #14 by designerlover2010 Thursday, 11 Aug 2011 7:30 PM
    Hi I am a personal stylist, and has had clients that has purcahsed them, they cost far to much for what they are, a glorified crop top. I would recommend looking elsewhere for a bra :) Goodluck!! Sam :)
Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 messages