I need some advice for mens outfit for wedding please

rss
Posted by Anklebiters-Kidz-Wear - Tuesday, 21 Dec 2010 3:22 AM
Member since 2008
* Message removed by the message owner.  Thankyou to all that replied we have a few ideas now to try out:)
    Member since 2010
    #1 by kidzclozet2010 Tuesday, 21 Dec 2010 3:25 AM
    could he maybe get black pants and then a black vest ( easier to find ) and then maybe a tie to match bridesmaids or wedding colours
    Member since 2008
    #2 by Third-girl Tuesday, 21 Dec 2010 3:31 AM
    Merry Christmas and congratulations on your wedding!
    How about he have something from the same colour as your dress?  Beige is always good if that isn't possible. If he's wearing a button-hole, you might like to factor the flower colours in as well, so they don't clash.  Why not visit a mens' store and take the trousers with you - you'll soon see what does and what doesn't go.
     As for shoes, get him to try on pairs of different colours until you/he find a pair that looks good with his outfit.
    All the best.
    Member since 2006
    #3 by chrissy4107 Tuesday, 21 Dec 2010 3:43 AM
    Hello there, cream vest  or light beige one and, brown or beige shoes. This is what I suggest for him.
    cheers Chrissy
    Member since 2008
    #4 by Anklebiters-Kidz-Wear Tuesday, 21 Dec 2010 3:44 AM
    Hi shahlame and thankyou, great ideas i will think on those.

We had thought of a vest to match our color but it's burgundy and thought he might look like a waiter if we did that lol.
    Thankyou very much for your suggestions i will look at taking the pants down to a mens store and seeing what colors will match:)

Thanks Chrissy great suggestions, he's got brown shoes so would save us some money there not having to buy a new pair:)

Thanks charlie2010 but he didn't want to wear black so he chose the Khaki, would of made life easier if he chose the black though lol:)
    Member since 2006
    #5 by FASHION_TRENDS_Online_Store Tuesday, 21 Dec 2010 4:12 AM
    I'm with Chrissy on this one in regards to the colours. Unless your getting married on a beach then no shoes would be best.

Where are you getting married? I am a celebrant and up here in Qld I have had grooms faint because of the heat. It may look nice to wear a vest but it may be too hot.
    Member since 2010
    #6 by kidzclozet2010 Tuesday, 21 Dec 2010 4:32 AM
    hope you have a wonderful day and you will have to add some pics of your special day
    Member since 2005
    #7 by richbartim Tuesday, 21 Dec 2010 5:39 AM
    Congrats for your wedding.
    My sons wear burgundy waistcoats/vests with cravats of the same material (I made them) with 18months twin grand Sons wearing the same only with bow ties they didn't look like waiters but then they had black suits.
    I would suggest brown vest with matching shoes but check the brown colour against the pants first to see if they blend then his button hole flower to match your flowers.
    or maybe shoes to mach belt with vest that blends nicely with pants.
    Member since 2008
    #8 by Anklebiters-Kidz-Wear Tuesday, 21 Dec 2010 9:58 AM
    Thank you all for replying, that has given me lots of ideas to think of, we're having just a small casual wedding at our place in Perth with a few friends and family who will be coming from NZ, it did start off as a registry wedding but then people from home wanted to come so we decided to have it at home in order to keep the costs down. Anyway thank you all for the congratulations and suggestions and have a very happy xmas:)
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 messages