FISHING, IN OR NEAR CABOOLTURE

rss
Posted by The-purple-dragonfly - Sunday, 20 Sep 2009 12:27 AM
Member since 2007
 Hi everyone, sorry to be a trouble, but i'm looking for some good fishing tips.

We've just moved to caboolture from tassie, we were lucky enough to be able to spend a week up in caloundra and loved being able to walk done to the jetty or the beach everyday to do some fishing.

But big question is now we are in caboolture, where are good spots to go throw a line in???

Someone said to go over to beachmere, but having trouble finding where they meant

so i thought i would just ask here hehehehe

Many thanks kaylene
    Member since 2008
    #1 by sheila-bloke47 Sunday, 20 Sep 2009 12:34 AM
    Not from the area. 
    But here some general info. 
    Head over to Bribie Island.  You can surf fish, canal fish, jetty fish, beach fish.  Beachmere is that vicinity also.
    Also just before you get to bribie and go over the bridge there a spot on the left at a marina I saw people fishing ages ago.
    Hope this helps.
    Member since 2006
    #2 by ejholden Sunday, 20 Sep 2009 12:47 AM

Go over the highway on the Bribie Is road ... Beachmere is a turnoff on the right .... Follow the signs to the boat ramp...
    Fishing along the shores north & south of the ramp ....

Near the end of Bribie road is Paradise Point turnoff on right .... Drive to the end .....

Over the Bribie bridge, Take 1ST left IMMEDIATELY at end of bridge ... tackle shop on right ... They have info ... 
    A little further up that steet is the Air/Sea station ... the guys there will also help you.
    Further up again is White Patch ...

Alternatively, you can do a loop at the roundabout & travel south to Bongaree Jetty ....

That whole area is known as Pumicestone Passage ... Calm water fishing

Travel across the island to beach (ocean) fish ....

If you travel down the highway south, you will find fishing on north & south shores of the Pine River ... Refer to street map for directions.

Sunday Mail (paper) has a good fishing write up each week of all the areas around you ....

Member since 2008
    #3 by Windana Sunday, 20 Sep 2009 4:56 AM
    Fishing is a sport that is breed in my blood I have fished from Far North Queensland to the Great Lakes of Tasmania, Surf, Sea, Lakes and Rivers where ever I can wet a line,
    you have asked an old age question where to fish, it seems to me you want to do surf fishing however what is the most important thing you can do is read the waters.
    When you approach a spot you think you would like to have a go, just don?t throw in a line, take your time sit up in a high location with the beach in sight, now study it where are the birds?
    Where are the gutters?
    Gutters are where the fish are, look for the dark water that is the deep water, watch which way the water is flowing fish from the top and allow you bait to drift, most of all don?t be impatient a bit of recon will help you find the fish, the local boys can point you in the right direction, advise you on what rig or bait is best, the rest is up to you catching a fish that they cant help you with.
    Member since 2007
    #4 by The-purple-dragonfly Sunday, 20 Sep 2009 5:02 AM
     thanks  sheila-bloke47  and ej.

Thanks also  windana ,  i was more after, a point in the right direction as to where to go, and where we are not allowed to fish.
    Not being from QLD,  we don't know where many things are as yet, or how to get to them, LOL we can even manage to get lost with a navman!!!

I did a google for river fishing in caboolture, but how to access the caboolture river will be  a complete new google map experience for us heheheh.

And i guess its not even about catching anything, (well that would be nice, but not a must)  Its just the fun of fishing, relaxing etc, as 99.9% of the time we only put them back again

Member since 2008
    #5 by Windana Sunday, 20 Sep 2009 6:40 PM
    Try these web sites also buy a Dilly Pot Mud crabs make good eating
    http://www.sunfishqld.com.au/pdf/maps08/Map_22.pdf
    http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/CabooltureRiver.htm
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 messages