Not sure where to post! Cot sheet size ?

rss
Posted by HoneyLove - Thursday, 15 Jan 2009 7:31 AM
Member since 2008
Hi there,

Can anyone tell me what is a standard cot sheet size? I know cots come in so many different styles and sizes now, but if you went to a shop, there must be some sort of basic standard sizes?

Also - do mums with kids in a cot use a fitted & top sheet, or ust a fitted & blankets etc? Do you prefer the cottons or the t-shirt stretchy stuff? (I love that for my bed, but it isn't 100% cotton).

Thanks for any feedback & ideas. I am soooo out of touch with some things - LOL!

Honeylove-the-curious
    Member since 2007
    #1 by marian-48 Thursday, 15 Jan 2009 7:36 AM
    These are the measurements for Cot Sheets.
    Flat sheet - 115 x 117 cms
    Fitted sheet - 74 x 143 x 19 cms
    Junior pillowcase - 40 x 60 cms              Marian
    Member since 2008
    #2 by sonja-76 Thursday, 15 Jan 2009 7:40 AM
    My 4 month old just went into his cot this week.
    I use a fitted and a top sheet. Make the cot with the baby's feet at the bottom and the top sheet straight across level with their chest, not with a turn back, and tuck the excess underneath. As baby grows you move them up further in the cot. My sheets are polyester/cotton.Sonja
    Member since 2005
    #3 by nicocoa Thursday, 15 Jan 2009 7:41 AM
    I use flannelette fitted sheets, top sheets & pillowcases in cot.
    Member since 2007
    #4 by marian-48 Thursday, 15 Jan 2009 7:59 AM
    Also, babies are not to have pillows before 1 year old. When mine were babies they all had little tea tree pillows, but apparently not these days. Also no cot bumpers til 12 months of age. Marian
    Member since 2008
    #5 by HoneyLove Thursday, 15 Jan 2009 8:03 AM

Thank you for those replies - very helpful.

Honeylove 

Member since 2006
    #6 by kiarillia Thursday, 15 Jan 2009 4:12 PM
    The short answer is... there is no standard size! All the manufacturers seem to make them slightly different, although they are probably around the sizes mentioned above.

I have a lot of trouble finding them to fit my cot properly, as mine is slightly bigger than most so the top sheet is never quite wide enough to tuck in. I have only found one brand which does fit, and even then not as well as I'd like, and I think from memory the flat sheet is 160x120 cm (its been a few years since I had to buy them) 

So if you're looking to buy them, I'd shop around and then buy the biggest ones you can get, just to be safe (most sheet sets have the sizes printed on the packaging).

Oh, and I've always used fitted and flat with blankets until I've turned the cot into a toddler bed, and then I've added a cot doona as well. Flannelettes for winter and then I'm not sure what my summer ones are.
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 messages