(Last updated: 15/02/2011)
These are the rules for your use of the forums made available on the quicksales
website ('quicksales'), operated by carsales.com Limited (referred to in these rules
as 'us', 'we', 'our').
The quicksales forums are a place where members can chat, have discussions, ask
questions, receive support and make suggestions about quicksales. quicksales also
has a forum topic for wanted items, where members can post a message about an item
they want. These forums can be very helpful, entertaining and a place where members
can meet new friends.
This is a private forum, for the use of quicksales members only. You are our guests.
We do our best trying to keep the forums presentable and will delete messages we
deem inappropriate as we see fit without warning.
By using the quicksales forum, you agree and acknowledge that any information or
material submitted by you to the forum is and will be treated by us as non-confidential
and non-proprietary and we may use such material without restriction. When you submit
material to the forum, you licence us to reproduce such material. You must not post
or transmit any material in which the copyright is owned by another person or entity
and you warrant to us that all material posted is of your original work and not
sourced from any third party.
We require that members abide by the following rules so that participation in the
forum topics can be a positive experience for all members. Posts that are in violation
of this policy may be removed and the member may be suspended without warning.
- No Advertising - Do not post messages about specific auctions or include
references / links to other locations which have products for sale. Do not post
links to external forums, groups or sites not affiliated with quicksales. Do not
- Keep your messages clean - Do not start threads or post messages that contain
- Respect other members - Do not post messages about disputes, auctions, ratings
or blocking of other members.
- Privacy - Do not post contact details of others. Do not post private email
or message content.
- Disputes - we will not get involved in disputes between members in the forum.
Any disputes in a thread may result in the whole thread being deleted.
- No cross posting or multiple posting - Post your message once, in the appropriate
forum. Do not post more than one thread in a row. Do not post more than two replies
to a thread in a row. Posting multiple threads in a row reduces the quality of the
forums and is a waste of resources.
- No thread "Bumping" - Do not post in a thread with the intention of purposely
moving it up the list.
- No Defamation - Do not post any messages which slander, insult or defame
us, quicksales, or any person, including our employees, representatives or other
members of quicksales.
- No begging or asking for donations. Do not ask other members to
give you or someone money or goods for free.
- No false accounts - Do not register accounts with false information
or register multiple accounts for use on the forums or otherwise impersonate any
- Adult content - Do not post pornographic or adult content.
- Seller's Pick Of The Day - Sellers may announce specials and promote
their items for sale on quicksales in the 'Seller's Pick Of The Day' forum. Members
are not permitted to post another member's items.
- The following are examples of violations that will result in us removing
the post/thread and may result in us warning or suspending a member. These
are examples only and do not limit the actions to which we may respond by removing
a post/thread or warning or suspending a member.
- any thread or reply that can be considered abusive, argumentative, harassing, hateful,
hostile, hurtful, obscene, racially vilifying, sexist, swearing, threatening or
- the baiting of other members into a negative reaction;
- any behaviour deemed by us to be unwelcome or unacceptable;
- over posting (threads or replies) or spamming the forum;
- advertising auctions, services, commercial web sites or goods;
- re-posting deleted posts or discussing deleted posts;
- repeatedly posting filtered words or messages that include filtered words, causing
the system to **BEEP** those filtered words;
- attempting to impersonate other members, Forum Moderators, us or any of our employees
- posting material that in any way violates the quicksales
- discussing members that are no longer registered or that are suspended, along with
discussion of possible Moderator identities;
- posting threads in inappropriate forums; and
- posting off topic or inappropriate replies in a forum thread.
Members that violate the forum rules may be suspended from using the forums or quicksales.
We reserve the right to remove any post or suspend a member without notice. Members
may be suspended for a given time frame or indefinitely.
The quicksales forums are monitored by moderators. All moderator decisions are final
and no discussion will be entered into. Moderators can access a member's username
from their screen name to issue warnings to members, temporary suspend a member
from the forum and contact members directly in regards to forum usage or behaviour.